Managing IT today can feel overwhelming, especially if you work in healthcare. From regulatory compliance and regulations to managing multiple locations and networks, companies can struggle to keep up. To navigate this increasingly complicated landscape, companies need a partner they can trust to steer them in the right direction when it comes to IT and security.
We recently sat down with Rich Alberti, COO with Medpoint, to talk about why he chose Corsica when his company needed IT help.
“Honestly, when we did a head-to-head comparison on the services and prices, Corsica came out ahead across the board.”
Medpoint is an international provider of expert resources to the medical, pharmaceutical and biotech industries, specifically in the quality, regulatory and clinical affairs space. They help companies to navigate often complex global relations and standards. With 20 full-time employees providing project management support for their clients, Medpoint is able to provide global services using a network of independent service providers.
What were the factors that led Medpoint to choose Corsica for IT management?
Security has always been the main focus of Medpoint’s services. “We handle a company’s confidential information and having protected databases where we can prevent people from taking proprietary information is our core driver.”
Corsica Technologies is a leader among healthcare cybersecurity companies. They trust us to provide comprehensive managed security service benefits like:
- Cybersecurity expertise: Guard your network with industry experts. Our team boasts over 300 collective IT certifications and 250 years of combined experience.
- Proactive network defense: We offer around-the-clock monitoring in real time to safeguard sensitive personal health information (PHI) from unauthorized access.
- Comprehensive employee training: Corsica provides exclusive HIPAA training programs and guidance for our clients, and cybersecurity training for employees.
- Dependability in emergencies: Benefit from our two 24/7/365 data centers while enjoying peace of mind. We collect and store your compliance reporting off-site to ensure data integrity.
The Corsica Team
Rich knew he was gaining a team of local, expert resources with knowledge to help with cybersecurity. “The team and individuals we interfaced with at Corsica were all eager to help and, being local, we had down-the-road access.”
The Corsica team of industry-certified IT engineers have the dedicated domain experience required to meet your unique business needs and challenges, without the need to utilize separate vendors. We offer several services in our managed IT program, including:
- Constant help desk: Our team can provide virtual and on-site assistance at any time on any day. We have help desk team members stationed at all seven of our locations throughout the country.
- Cloud management: We can help you move your IT infrastructure to the cloud with services for Microsoft 365, server virtualization, and Windows server projects.
- Disaster recovery and backups: We know how valuable your data is, so we provide backup services and cloud virtualization.
- Event management: Around the clock monitoring allows us to help you prevent minor errors from becoming something worse.
Knowledge and Experience
“When we got a list of requirements from one of our big customers, we didn’t have the knowledge on our team to interpret what they wanted to be able to offer solutions. “Sharing that with the team at Corsica and relying on their expertise to tell us what we needed was really nice, because we didn’t have resources within our business to be able to understand what viable solutions there might be.”
At Corsica, we’re here to help you every step of the way, no matter how complex the project. Corsica’s Project Management Office is a centralized point of contact and ensures successful and timely completion of project deliverables. We’ve got a team you can rely on:
- Project Coordinator: A dedicated project leader assigned to each project for scope and scheduling.
- Project Engineer: An engineering resource dedicated to the project.
“I think just the ease of working in the partnership and being able to pick up the phone and talk to someone you know, and the response times are very good and the flexibility has been good—overall we’re very pleased.”
To learn how Corsica can help transform IT and security at your organization, speak to a member of our team today.