The reliance on IT and cybersecurity solutions has never been greater with cybersecurity attacks continuing to rise. According to Cybersecurity Ventures, a cyber-attack incident will occur every 11 seconds in 2021. This is nearly twice the rate in 2019, and four times the rate in 2016. To protect against these threats, your organization needs the expertise of IT specialists in a variety of concentrations (software solutions, cybersecurity, compliance). For many organizations, teaming up with a managed service partner outsourcing IT services provides them with a team of strategic and technical experts without an additional headcount.
What are the Benefits of Outsourcing IT Services to Hiring In-House IT Professionals?
Outsourcing your IT needs by using a managed service provider can improve efficiency, reliability and overall security in your organization. Here’s a list of benefits to consider.
- Certified Experts and Experience: Partnering with a managed service provider provides you with access to a team of skilled experts that can solve a wide variety of IT problems. Choose a provider with a team of IT professionals that hold multiple certifications and stay current with training and technology to provide you with the best service possible.
- Competitiveness: For smaller to mid-size businesses, outsourcing your IT allows you to have the same resources as larger companies, giving you a competitive advantage while continuing to provide the excellent customer experience your clients expect.
- Controlled Cost of IT: One of the biggest reasons companies look to managed service providers is to save their organization money. In-house IT teams can be very expensive to hire and train. With an MSP, you get fixed IT costs, which allows you to pay for only the services you need.
- Security and Compliance: Organizations can minimize the risk of maintaining sensitive information such as PCI or PHI by partnering with an MSP that is knowledgeable in cybersecurity and compliance. Ensure the IT provider can provide different types of security awareness training to your employees to ensure ongoing compliance.
- 24/7/365 Support: Many IT providers are able to support your staff around the clock. Our team of service desk engineers is staffed locally and available 24x7x365 to customers on specific managed IT service plans. They are also regularly trained and certified in the latest technologies, so they know how to troubleshoot when you need it most.
What are the Risks of Outsourcing IT Services?
Without proper vetting of a managed IT provider, you open the possibility of companies that are purely looking for profit. An inexperienced staff that cannot provide the services you need can end up costing you more. Even worse, under-equipped technicians can inadvertently open your network up to threats and vulnerabilities like ransomware.
Benefits of insourcing your IT Team gives you the potential to prioritize your own issues and have a better response time for request/incidents.
The potential downside is the skillsets your IT team has in responding to the request/incidents may not be the best suited to remediate the request/incident.
How is Cybersecurity Affected by Using a Managed Service Provider?
By partnering with the right MSP, you can enhance your cybersecurity posture. MSP’s can set up role-based permission/ authentications on your networks, applications and devices providing you with complete visibility into all the inner workings of your IT. Items can often be overlooked by your internal IT team as they can become bogged down with the day-to-day tasks.
Depending on your specific organization, you are required to remain compliant with both state and federal legislation. Outsourcing your IT to an MSP can help your business comply with a host of regulations like HIPAA, DFARS, PCI-DSS, NIST, CMMC and HITECH. The cost of fragile cybersecurity infrastructure can cost your company not only monetary damages but also ruin your reputation.
By partnering with an award-winning managed service provider like Corsica Technologies, you can outsource your IT service needs to a highly skilled team of experts. Corsica’s managed security solutions provide your organization with proactive IT security and compliance services that you can count on. If you are interested in learning more about partnering with Corsica Technologies, you can reach out here or give one of our experts a call at (877) 901-2022.
John Worthman is the Director of IT Service Management at Corsica Technologies. John has experience in managing technical staff, mentoring in customer service, IT support, and ensuring department performance while meeting SLA requirements and delivering excellent customer service.